- Peter LaBarbera needs $10,000 to help him “break through the media’s radically-biased ‘cheerleading’ coverage of the homosexual-bisexual-transgender movement.”
- Teen Mania is no more.
- Gun Owners of America says that if President Obama takes an executive action on gun background checks, he’ll be “following in the footsteps of other despots, including China’s Mao, Italy’s Mussolini and Germany’s Adolf Hitler.”
- Apparently it is okay for right-wing journalists to grill GOP presidential candidates about the nuances of their theological beliefs.
- Lee Duigon warns that “leftist schemes for Utopia inevitably involve lots of barbed wire, machine gun towers, re-education—they like to call it ‘sensitivity training’—and piles of dead bodies.”
- Finally, Bryan Fischer argues that Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God because “the God of the Bible has a Son. The god of Islam does not.” That standard would also seemingly disqualify Jews and Christians from believing in the same God, would it not?
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.