- Media Matters: Allen West On Controversy Over Donald Trump: What About Benghazi?
- Alan Colmes: Colmes vs Phyllis Schlafly: Is gay marriage bad for America?
- Rob Boston @ Wall of Separation: Memo To State Officials: You Have No Right To Discriminate.
- David Edwards @ Raw Story: Louie Gohmert: The pope is treating climate change deniers like Galileo — and it’s Obama’s fault.
- Warren Throckmorton: David Barton and Early Retirement: Actually Not a Bad Idea.
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.