- Theodore Shoebat declares that “the homosexual movement is the most hateful and most vile group in all of the Western world.”
- The Oak Initiative is promoting Janet Porter’s quixotic effort to get the Supreme Court to rehear its gay marriage decision.
- Mychal Massie warns that “homosexuals are not after equality; they, not unlike Muslims, are after conquest – and just like all terrorists, they have carefully conceived a plan they’ve been carrying out by any means available.”
- Fr. Marcel Guarnizo asserts that “the claim of homosexual marriage is akin to identity theft: Men claiming to be wives and women claiming to be husbands.”
- Bert Farias tells gays that “the true Christian community sees your house burning down and is trying to rescue you from a certain damnation. Those who are affirming your lifestyle are like those who watch you burn in the hellfire and tell you that everything is alright and God is actually proud of you.”
- Finally, enjoy this new music video from Alveda King: VIDEO
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.