- Rachel Percelay @ Media Matters: Right-Wing Media Invents “Gag Order” For Anti-Gay Oregon Bakers.
- Warren Throckmorton: Glenn Beck Tells Fellowship Church America is a Covenant Nation Like Israel.
- Alex Griswold @ Mediaite: Ben Carson on Outrage Over Trump’s Mexican Comments: ‘P.C. Police out in Force’.
- Steve Benen @ The Maddow Blog: Huckabee takes aim at the ‘redefinition of love’.
- TFN Insider: How the Religious Right Is Turning Pastors into Politicians.
- Catherine Thompson @ TPM: Scott Walker’s Family Not On Board With His Opposition To Same-Sex Marriage.
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.