- It looks like we won’t be posting any Glenn Beck videos for awhile since he will be taking the rest of the month off to rest his vocal chords.
- James Dobson warns of dark days ahead: “Yes, a war on Christians, their leaders and churches, is already underway. It will increasingly involve the courts and law enforcement.”
- Linda Wall simply cannot handle the fact that “men marrying men and women marrying women [is] the law of the land. Although I saw it coming, I still want to vomit every time I am reminded of this abomination.”
- Mark Creech warns of dire consequences now that gay marriage is legal in all 50 states: “It is not likely fire and brimstone will fall on America immediately because of this decision, although God would certainly be justified in doing it. Nevertheless, this national sin is more apt to bring its own punishments over time. Although many will think it hyperbolic to say, the state sanctioning of gay marriage will eventually destroy traditional marriage.”
- Finally, Janet Porter is heroically not giving up the fight against gay marriage and is trying to get Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine to file a motion for rehearing.
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.