- Media Matters: O’Reilly: Religious Americans “Are In Danger” If Hillary Clinton Becomes President.
- Warren Throckmorton: Glenn Beck Defends His Appearance at Ed Young’s Fellowship Church; Are America’s Founders Mormon?
- Sean Mandell @ Towleroad: Bobby Jindal Caves On Gay Marriage After District Court Rules For Equality.
- Ilan Ben-Meir @ BuzzFeed: GOP Congressman: America “In Trouble” Because Same-Sex Marriage Defames God’s Words.
- Jonathan Merritt: After gay marriage, expect conservative amnesia.
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.