- Patricia Murphy @ The Daily Beast: How the Right Hijacked MLK to Fight Gay Marriage.
- Anu Joshi @ Imagine 2050: Blurring Borders: Collusion between anti-immigrant groups and immigration enforcement agents.
- Matt Wilstein @ Mediaite: GOP. Rep Steve King Endorses Trump’s Mexican Rapist Comments.
- Sarah Posner @ Religion Dispatches: The Theology Behind Alabama Official’s Demand to Flout SCOTUS.
- Daniel Angster @ Media Matters: Racially-Charged Texas Radio Host Michael Berry Renews Friendship With Ted Cruz.
- Christopher Massie @ BuzzFeed: Huckabee: Calling Same-Sex Marriage A “Civil Right” An “Insult To African-Americans.”
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.