- Things are not getting better for Josh Duggar.
- Todd Starnes warns that “America is about to undergo a religious purging in the public marketplace – at the hands of secular jihadists.”
- Rick Joyner calls for anti-gay Christians to embrace “the power of the boycott. It is not unrighteous to stop buying from those who are supporting attacks on our faith and liberty. That is just wisdom. It is now time to use this.”
- Judson Phillips demands that states start “nullifying federal laws and even disobeying the federal government.”
- Bill Muehlenberg explains how gay marriage is directly harming him: “The very fact that I regularly receive hate mail and the occasional death threat for daring to affirm heterosexual marriage certainly is another indication of how this impacts on me and my family in a very real and personal manner.”
- Finally, a helpful list from TFP Student Action: “12 Quotes Against Sodomy That Every Catholic Should Know.”
For Certain Christians, Lying for Jesus is Justified in the Abortion Wars
Leviticus 19:11 makes clear: "Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."There's quite a bit of the Bible that conservative Christian activists tend to leave out, but Biblical prohibitions against lying are routinely given short shrift by those intent on seeing God's will done on Earth. We don't have to look far for examples of it -- from Christians arguing that LGBT people are predators to politicians pretending that being gay is a choice, these lies are common.The Washington Post has a good look at another popular outlet for faith-based lying: the abortion debate, and the notoriously deceptive idea of "crisis pregnancy centers." Reporter Petula Dvorak examines the work of one Virginia activist, Pat Lohman, in particular.